starred * questions are mandatory

Environmental Health – General Queries

Environmental Health can give advice and investigate complaints regarding the following:

  • Animal welfare standards of animal in licensed establishments and of farm animals (If you have a general concern about the welfare of an animal you can use this form if you wish to speak to an officer of the Council or you can report the matter directly to the RSPCA in the first instance)
  • Animal Licensing including pet shops, kennels and catteries, riding schools, zoos, dog breeding establishments and dangerous wild animals
  • Asbestos
  • Cosmetic / Beauty business
  • Contaminated land
  • Environmental permits
  • Environmental planning enquiries
  • Food business queries (e.g setting up / running / licences)
  • Other nuisances / hazards from commercial and industrial premises
  • Smoke free complaints or advice

Domestic premises/neighbours

For advice or to make complaints about domestic premises/neighbours, please choose the most appropriate option from the table below.

Service Area Form/Page
Bonfires or Smoke from chimneys Air Pollution form
Noise Nuisance from neighbours Noise Nuisance form
All other domestic/neighbour issues Housing Advice

Commercial and Industrial premises

For advice or to make a complaint on the following, please see our specialist forms:

Service Area Form
Air Quality - Air Pollution, Smells, Fumes, Bonfires or Smoke Air Pollution form
Food and Drink
(For food business queries please use this form)
Food and Drink form
Health and Safety in the Workplace Health and Safety in the Workplace form
Noise Nuisance Noise Nuisance form

Data Protection Statement

The information you provide on this form is subject to the provision of the Data Protection Act 1998. The information will be held confidentially and will be retained for the purposes of processing your report and meeting our statutory obligations. 

Please refer to our Privacy & Disclaimer Statement below for our Information Charter and general information on our approach to security, confidentiality and data collection.

Further data protection information can be obtained from the Information Commissioner's website at

eForms by AchieveForms
© Crown copyright and database rights 2013 100019566
© Local Government Information House Limited copyright and database rights 2013 LA100019566
Use of this data is subject to terms and conditions